US Quarter 2000 Maryland State value

 

Currency - Dollar=100 cents
Face value: Quarter dollar ($1/4=25 cents)
Type - commemorative coin 50 States Quarters Series

Composition - copper-nickel clad copper
Diameter - 24.3 mm
Weight - 5.67 grams
Edge: Reeded

Mint Mark: D (Denver), P (Philadelphia)

 

US coin State quarter 2000 Maryland
Years of mintage:
2000

Reverse:
Dome of the Maryland State House, white oak clusters
Legend:
MARYLAND 1788 / THE OLD LINE STATE / 2000 E PLURIBUS UNUM

Obverse:
Washington facing left
Legend:
QUARTER DOLLAR / UNITED STATES OF AMERICA / LIBERTY / IN GOD WE TRUST


Krause catalog number - KM#306

Coin value in condition:
UNC (Uncirculated - without traces of circulation) - ~1 USD.00
XF (Extremely Fine) - 0.25-0.50
Worse than "XF" - 0.25 USD

 

MARYLAND #7

Capital: Annapolis.
Adhered: April 28, 1788 Population: 5,458,137 hab.

 

Origin of the name: Named after Queen Henrietta Maria, wife of King Charles I of England.
Reverse shows the dome of a well-known building in Annapolis, "Maryland Statehouse", it is the old State Capitol, built in 1772. "The Old Line State" nickname of the State during the War of Independence, surrounding it with branches of white oak, also state emblem.

 

Above is the date of entry into the Union.
The "Maryland StateHouse" is an emblematic building for the American people, built in 1772 by Josef Horatio Anderson, it has the title of having the largest wooden vault built without nails in the nation.
The State of Maryland was during 1783-1784 the capital of the confederation in its first period of peace and used this building as the seat of Congress.
Here George Washington resigned as Commander-in-Chief of the Continental Army and the Treaty of Paris was signed in 1783, ending the War of Independence.
As curious notes, it should be mentioned that the first lightning rod invented by Benjamin Franklin was placed in its dome.
The nickname of "The old line State" comes from the troops commanded by Washington who established their front there, as the last frontier of the Continental Army in its fight for independence against England.
"The Wye Oak" or white oak, official State tree since 1941, was struck by lightning on June 6, 2002, had more than 460 years of history and was purchased by the State Governor in 1939 to preserve it over time for its historical value.

KM#(D):306KM#(S):306a

maryland statehouse

The white oak, the official symbol of the state, was struck by lightning in 2002.